Otego Family Dental will be closed Friday. Dr. Knox is taking her team to the Third District Dental Society Symposium in Albany (http://www.third-district.org/annmtg/am.html).
It’s not just a dental cleaning
Studies have shown that periodontal disease (gum disease) can contribute to the development of heart disease. How? Bacteria from plaque can lead to blood clots, inflammation and ultimately, heart attacks or strokes.
Periodontal disease can also cause complications with diabetes and has been proven to contribute to low birth weight babies.
It is MUCH more than just a cleaning. Take a look at some of the things we do during your dental hygiene visit:
1. Review you medical history and modify treatment as needed.
2. We check and record your blood pressure and pulse.
3. Recently, we began checking your oxygen level.
4. Perform an oral cancer screening.
5. Perform a thorough periodontal screening to evaluate your periodontal health.
6. Perform radiographic procedures for detecting cavities and evaluating the overall health of your teeth and supporting structures.
7. Examine existing fillings.
8. Detect new decay.
9. Evaluate the need for sealants in children and, when necessary, in adults.
10. Evaluate your bite and the consequences of missing or crowded teeth.
11. Recheck the fit of appliances (night guards, dentures, etc.)
12. Remove hardened deposits (tartar or calculus) and soft, sticky bacterial deposits (plaque) to promote oral health.
13. Remove surface staining on teeth from coffee, tea, tobacco, etc..
14. Floss and check the contacts of the teeth.
15. Personalize oral hygiene instructions and make recommendations on what tools to use at home to best clean your teeth.
16. Clean dental appliances.
17. Provide intra-oral photos of problem areas so you can see what we see.
18. Application of fluoride to aid in the prevention of decay.
19. Treatment plan of your present and future dental needs.
20. Evaluate your total dental needs and refer you as needed to specialists.
21. Inform you of the latest dental treatments and technology available in our office.
22. Evaluate cosmetic needs to give you a more beautiful smile.
There have been cases when we have referred our patients to their medical doctor for follow-up. You see your dentist more than your medical doctor and we can be your first alert to a potential problem. It’s vital that you visit your dentist twice a year for dental hygiene, and now you know why!
Call us today to schedule your next dental hygiene appointment.
So I was supposed to post this awhile back. Sorry for the delay.
Kayla had her baby on November 8th. Jackson William Fletcher, 8 lbs 6.9 oz!
Congratulations to Kayla and her family.
Kayla plans to return to work in early January.
We are a busy and growing dental office with an immediate opening for a full time licensed certified dental assistant. We offer a friendly, caring work atmosphere, a four-day work week and competitive pay and benefits. We are an EOE.
Primary Job Duties Include:
To apply, you need to send the following 2 things via email to firstname.lastname@example.org